CWDash Setup: Database connection Wizard
For your convenience, here’s a script walk-through of the video above on how to properly format your CWDash setup wizard.
Select from two options namely: ConnectWise onPrem or ConnectWise Cloud. Select the one that is true in your case.
A: If you are In-the-Cloud, you need a product that is called Cloud Data Access. You have to call your account manager at ConnectWise to get this product if you don’t already have it. Or you may already have it but you don’t realize you have it.
- If you have it, click “Yes” and input the data asked.
- If you don’t have it, click “No” and there is a set of instructions on how you can get it.
Instructions: In order to access ConnectWise cloud SQL Server, you must have CloudConnect. Acquiring CloudConnect will allow you to use our CWDash product.
Please contact your Connectwise account manager for more information on ClouldConnect ConnectWise.com/AccountManager or call phone #: 813-463-4700.
Cloud Data Access is an excellent product that allows you direct access to the SQL Server, allows you to back up your data, and create reports. So, it is highly recommended for you to have it.
B: If your ConnectWise in on Premise, click ConnectWise OnPrem to setup.
- The next question is in the Datacenter of your local network or on the local network itself.
- If it’s on the local network, you select it and it will find it, depending on how you have your ConnectWise connect up, you might be using SQL level connection or Windows level. However, it will populate it here.
- On the other hand, if it’s in the Datacenter or in a private cloud, which is very common now, simply type in the URL. That’s ours, the secure socket layer.
Step 4: Login by inputting your credentials. Simply type your password, click next and it will verify the validity of the typed credentials. Once verified, you will be logged in.
So that’s all it takes to set up. It’s really quite simple. If you have any questions, let us know at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you so much for watching the video. Please let us know if you have any problems. We want you connected. We want you up and running.
Run As administrator
Our applications do not install a local database. It does write to config files in the \program files\(CWDash) or (KasDash) folder with panel custom settings, therefore depending on credentials you may have to setup the current logon user with local admin rights.
And/or you may have to run “as administrator”
If CW Dash or KasDash generates error “Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”
Please ensure you are running CW Dash or KasDash “as administrator” as detailed here:
- Right Click on the CW Dash or KasDash shortcut and select properties
2. Select “Run the program as administrator”
Cloud Data Access
Did you know that ConnectWise offers Cloud Data Access (Formerly: CloudConnect) which allows cloud partners direct (SQL)access to your ConnectWise data?
This product is great as it allows you to write reports and backup YOUR OWN DATA.
Acquiring Cloud Data Access will allow CW Cloud users to use CWDash.
Please contact your ConnectWise account manager for more information on Cloud Data Access, then use CW Dash!
If your account manager never heard of Cloud Data Access, they may be new and tell them to ask their manager.
- Phone: 813-463-4700